LAKE OF THE WOOD COMMUNITY CLUB
Meeting Minutes Motions
January 08, 2024
Call to Order: by Karen Gore at 6:18 pm
- Board members present: Barbara Dommert-Breckler, Garrett Lebby, Frank Benson, Dave Tyler and Karen Gore
- Board members absent: Anna Hernandez-French, Danna Burnett, Katelynn Graham
- AP report was reviewed by Board members and approved
- Meeting minutes from December 11, 2023, meeting was not available, they will be reviewed and voted on at the February meeting
President – none
1st VP – wells are running fine, no other items to report
2nd VP – vacant
Secretary – not present
- On more payment plan from a property owner was presented and approved by Board
- Checking in with Columbia Bank now Umpqua Bank regarding when CD is reaching maturity. Dave Tyler will contact them to secure Transaction report for 2023.
- Compliance – none
- Special Events:
- Easter Egg Hunt – March 30th
- Community Clean up – April 20th and 21st
- Fishing Derby – May 18th
The Board agreed to change the name of the Newsletter Committee to the Communication Committee, this will be also changed in our Bylaws.
Chuck Wood has agreed to take on the role of Volunteer Coordinator to help ensure Dave has people to help with projects and maintenance
The Board discussed the possibility of hiring a part-time Property and Maintenance Manager to take over the duties being handled by Dave and those in the past handled by Ed Nielsen (past 2nd VP Maintenance). Karen is looking into the possibility of this being a shared position with Holiday Lake.
Renewal of the rental agreement with Key Peninsula Civic Center for 2024, including the Annual Meeting on November 2, 2024.
The Level 2 part of the Reserve Study is being prepared by Jeff Samdal as required by State law.
Motions that were voted on and approved by the Board
- No short-term rentals (less than 30 days). MMSP
- No dividing of houses into multiple units and/or having outbuilding turned into living quarters. MMSP
- No long-term living in RV’s/Camper/Ext. with a habitable home on site. This does not preclude short term stay for visitors (not renters or no payer). MMSP
- Any violations of short-term rentals, multiple unit housing or short-term visitor rules will result in a minimum of $1000.00 per month fine. MMSP
Barbara will send/provide Dave with copies of the Water Shut off letters she receives from HOA Community Solutions to keep him informed of when a shut off needs to occur. Shut offs need to happen 30 days after a letter is sent to property owner.
The two Bank foreclosure properties have had the auction date move again to March 8, 2024.
LOTWCC’s attorney Milt Reimers is working on the wording for the Amendments to our Bylaws addressing several issues, including the items listed below. These Amendments will be incorporated into the Bylaws for the community to vote on at the Annual meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 7:21pm
Minutes submitted by Karen Gore – acting as Sectary Pro temp