1-13-19 Meeting Minutes


Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes

January 13, 2020

Meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm by President, Tanya Michaels

Directors Present: Tanya Michaels, Tinker Jolliff, Ed Nielsen, Mary Day, Garrett Lebby, Greg Anderson, Steve Shobe, Barbara Dommert-Breckler, Regina Braley, and Karen Gore

Directors Absent:  Dave Tyler, Garrett Lebby, Amanda Bash, Sam Shapiro

Community Guests present: Bert Braley. Theresa Adams, and Lanny James

The Board reviewed the minutes for the December 9, 2019 meeting.  It was moved to approve the minutes as corrected.  MMSP

Additions to Agenda: there are no additions to the agenda.


President:   No report

1st Vice President (Water System):  Pump is running great. We dug up Lot 121 and fixed the leak in the water box.  Now need to put insulation (bag of sawdust) into it.  We built boxes (dog houses) for Pump #1 because they have fallen apart.  Dave purchased some hinges; Steve and Ed are putting in insulation.  We are doing a lot of backflow checks.

2nd Vice President (Maintenance):  Took all the branches out the lot.  We need to clean out the culvert at the pea patch.  Need a COI (Certificate of Insurance) from the Rick Jones/backhoe company. 

Secretary: No report.

Treasurer:  Financials are not complete yet because we are waiting for information from {not sure who this was}.  After we have them complete will review and close the books.  No more 2019 invoices to be processed moving forward.  Edits to HOACS contract is still in the works.  A change signature on bank accounts requires two officers to close and Home Street Bank will need five of the executive board to open an account.   Need to update signatures in February for the Columbia and Alliance Banks. This needs to reflect the new elected executive board. Need to put on the February agenda if we have the right to recover our older accounts that are a large amount.  We are looking into the cost of an attorney that specializes in collections and foreclosures.

Committee Reports:

Compliance Committee:  Update on Lot 84 – this property has been completely cleaned up and the abandoned cars have been removed.  The owners are still doing some construction repairs.

Budget Committee:  No report yet.  First meeting will probably occur in the first or second week of May.

Special Events: 

Easter Egg Hunt – Will be on Saturday, April 11th.

Spring Clean-up – Two dumpers will be ordered; clean up will be April 25th and 26th.

Fishing Derby – Sunday, May 17th

Community Garage Sale – probably Mid-June, will reach out to Tia Smith about synchronizing with Lake Holidays’ garage sale.

Review and Approval of Checks Issued (AP Expense Register emailed from HOACS).

Old Business:

Web Page/Unofficial Facebook Entries/ LOWCC Facebook- tabled until February meeting.

Security services – we have been advised that there will be no change in the sheriff‘s hourly cost.  We need a Certificate of Insurance from Blue Line Security.

Update on Signage – we will have a meeting in February and bring a proposal to the Board next meeting.

Playground equipment will be on the Official Facebook site for viewing.  Will send out a request for volunteers to remove pea gravel from the playground area.    

New Business:

Board Members’ Choice of Committees – The committee choices are listed in the Bylaws.

Specific Bills that go Directly to HOACS for payment:  invoices that come directly to our P.O. Box are for legal services, insurance, and correspondence.  All others items should be going to the HOACS.

New Water Shut-off Procedures – still working out the details of this process.  Some people have not read the letter for 2020 regarding the increase in assessments and the fact that the first four months of the assessments are higher.  There are 2 pages of lots impacted by the change.   Lot 101 has the water box locked.

A secondary Liaison for Security Contracts:  Karen will be the secondary person and backup.  Ed will send her the access to the portal.  Ed will forward the sheriff’s reports to Karen also.

Removing messages from LOWCC phone – Secretary takes these off the phone.  Karen will take these off.   Karen will be given the key for the mailbox and pick up mail once a week.

Community Comments:  There was a discussion regarding having the Board member’s addresses listed on the website.   It was suggested that it might be best to just have phone numbers for safety reasons.

Official Facebook page – we will have a round table conversation to discuss how this will work.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:28 p.m.

Submitted by:

Karen Gore