12-14-20 Meeting Minutes

LAKE OF THE WOOD COMMUNITY CLUB

Meeting Minutes

December 14, 2020

Call to Order: by Tanya Michaels at 6:00 pm

Present
Tanya Michaels- PresidentKaren Gore- TreasurerDave Tyler- 1st Vice PresidentEd Nielsen- 2nd Vice PresidentGarrett Lebby
Barbara DommertBreckler- SecretaryGreg AndersonTinker JolliffAnna Hernandez- FrenchJaimie Ehrler
Steve ShobeJared Christensen   
     
Absent
Christine AndersonRegina Braley   

Community Members Attended:  Dawn Richey, Richard Day, Amanda Ehrler, Amy and Eric Hobbs

Review of prior meeting minutes:  November 09, 2020 and November 19, 2020

It was moved by SS and seconded by GA to approve the November 9, 2020 meeting minutes as written.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

It was moved by TJ and seconded by GA to approve the November 19, 2020 meeting minutes with one correction of the name to Elise Appline on page 3 paragraph 2.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Reports: 

President: Need to formally approve Dawn Richey as Assistant Financial Liaison.

It was moved by DT and seconded by KG that Dawn Richey be approved as the Assistant Financial Liaison for Lake of the Woods for 2021/2022.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

1st VP:  Wells running fine.  Well #2 is shut down to replace the pressure release valve.  The replacement valve just came in.  Sheet rock is up and mudding complete in doghouse with painting to come.  24 backflows cleaned. 

2nd VP:  Rock added to Lot 10 water box.  Lake drain cleaned for overrun.  Started blackberry removal from the pea patch.  Pea patch next year opening before June, possibly in May.  Mike on his three months off from landscaping, restarts in March. 

Secretary:  Returned mail needs to be followed up on.  This month’s Zoom invite is recuring and should be posted on the website to allow the community to join the BOD meetings.  Zoom instructions can also be posted, provided by Barbara to BOD and Garret.  Barbara’s email, [email protected]m,  can be added to the website for Zoom help. 

Treasurer:  No report

Compliance Committee:  See attached report.  Karen to send list of current lots/people being find to Rich, Steve, Ed and Dave.  Questions were raised about lot 101 which has the tarp on the roof.  This lot has fines and water has been shut off for months. 

It was moved by GL and seconded by EN to start fining the lots recommended by the compliance committee.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Special Events:  Ed, Tinker and Anna to meet at Pete Rix park on December 19 at 6pm to judge the holiday decorations. 

Website Committee:  Website switched to GoDaddy.  It is down for maintenance today but should be back up tomorrow. 

Sign Committee:  Received all metal for the channel around the new large signs.  A couple of laminated sections for the A-frames still expected.  Need to get bolts and concrete to mount the new signs. 

Parks Committee:  There was a suggestion to form a short-term parks committee.  Ed stated that he already had community input for the playground equipment and was not happy that the funds had been removed from the budget to the reserve fund.  He could have ordered and paid for the playground equipment that had been selected by community member with children before the end of December.  Tanya didn’t believe that it could be ordered and paid for by the end of December.

Old Business:  none

New Business: 

It was moved by DT and seconded by KG to approve the HOA Community Solutions contracts for 2020 and 2021.  Approved by all present with the date change on the 2021 contract.  MMSP

It was moved by DT and seconded by EN to approve the contract, with the addition of Tony’s address, to have Tony Trotter perform black flow testing.  Approved by all present with address addition.  MMSP

It was move by ED and seconded by GA to approve the contract for Michael Youngchild for two years from March 1st 2021 until Oct 31st 2022.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Motion to adjourn at KG and AHF.  All approved. 

Meeting Adjourned at 7:35 pm