LAKE OF THE WOOD COMMUNITY CLUB
January 30, 2023
Call to Order: by Karen Gore at 6:30 pm
Community Members Attended: None
Additions to agenda: None
Here is the message received from HOA Community Solutions:
Here’s What’s Happening:
This is the time of year when we have come to expect some mail delays. This year, we are also seeing significant delays with OSG/Southdata (the mail house that is used by many associations and management companies in our industry). Unfortunately, we were not forewarned or given any advance notice to expect delays in their printing and production times.
Our normal process is to send your Association’s statements or coupon books to production the first business day after your budget ratification meeting, to avoid any unnecessary delay on our end. Beginning December 1st, it appears that OSG/Southdata has had an average 14-day production time frame. We then have to consider mail delivery times after production are also longer. Normally at this time of year, we anticipate a 5-day production time, and a 7-to-10-day delivery time. We are currently seeing a 15-to-21-day delivery time on most mailings.
Here’s What Impact This is Having Now:
Any mailing we process through this mail house is currently being impacted. Example:
- Association schedules a December 14th Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Packet was sent to OSG/Southdata on November 22nd
· Mail house shipped via USPS on November 28th
· Delivered to homeowners December 12th
All mailings (including compliance letters) are currently impacted. This means that owners will receive violation notices 3 – 4 weeks after the inspection date.
Here’s What We Plan To Do:
- We are researching alternative mail processing centers.
- We have used OSG/Southdata because they have offered the widest variety of mailing options at the least expensive price point
- Larger mail processing centers offer more printing options (postage paid return envelopes, etc.) and are typically less expensive
- Smaller mail processing centers in Washington state have fewer printing options and higher costs, but using a geographically closer mail house should shorten the USPS delivery times
- We are doing our best to find alternatives and we apologize for the inconvenience and hardship that mail delays are causing
- You can expect us to provide alternative mail house options for future mailings
Motion was made by Ashley Golding and seconded by Ed Nielsen to remove all late fees from January 2023 assessments. All approved. Motion carried.
Motion was made by Ashley Golding to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Ed Nielson. All approved. MMSP
Meeting adjourned 6:40pm
Minutes recorded by LOTW Secretary Barbara Dommert-Breckler.