10-11-2021 Meeting Minutes


Meeting Minutes

October 11, 2021

Call to Order: by Karen Gore at 6:03 pm

Karen Gore – PresidentBarbara DommertBreckler- SecretaryEd Nielsen- 2nd Vice PresidentDave Tyler- 1st Vice PresidentAnna Hernandez- French – Treasurer
Jaimie EhrlerGarrett LebbyChristine AndersonSteve Shobe 
Tanya Michaels    

Community Members Attended:  Dawn Richey, Amanda Bash, Amy/Eric Hobbs, Theresa Adams

Motion was made by David Tyler and seconded by Anna Hernandez-French to approve the September 14, 2021 minutes as written.  One abstained.  All others approved. MMSP

Both the August 2021 and September 2021 Accounts Payable ledgers were reviewed.  Explanation that Tony Trotter gets both a salary and bills for testing.  Landscaping done for the year. (Michael Youngblood)

Motion was made by Anna Hernandez-French and seconded by David Tyler to approve the August 2021 Accounts Payable ledger.  All approved. MMSP

Motion was made by Anna Hernandez-French and seconded by David Tyler to approve the September 2021 Accounts Payable ledger.  All approved. MMSP.


President: No report

1st VP:  Water system is running well.  Blackflow valve cleaning continues.  Valves were found at 140th and 137th.  There is no need to replace either.

2nd VP:  Ed continues to work on cleaning back flows and works to get more playground chips.  The appropriate forms have been completed, but it is hard to get anyone from the company to return his calls about delivery.

Secretary:  No report.

Treasurer:  Stephanie is on vacation from HOA Solutions and it is very hard to get ahold of anyone else.  Dave asked about the scan copies of the water testing green slips.  He needs them for Tony Trotter.  Anna will look into who has the green slips and will work to get scanned copies to Dave.  At the special Board meeting the Board reviewed and approved the 2022 budget. 

Compliance Committee:  No report

Special Events:  No report

Playground Committee- PO for 2 playground pieces of equipment has been completed.  The new pieces will be payed for out of community reserves which was approved in the 2021 budget.  The playground pieces may not be installed, but they will be delivered and paid for before the end of the year.  Ed asked is the checks had been sent to Ornamental Stone.  Karen answered that the checks had been sent.   

Old Business: 

Annual Meeting:  November 6, 2021 Noon to six pm 

            Stuffing party for budget, etc. will be at Tanya’s on 10/15/21.  The information will then be sent to property owners with expected delivery by 10/19/21.

            The meeting will be at the Key Civic Center Whitmore room.  Potluck will be held after the meeting.  Checks have been mailed for the rooms and we are waiting for the contracts.

            Ed will post A-frames with meeting information.  The meeting will also be advertised on our website and unofficial Facebook page.

            Board/community will provide plates, utensils and water for the potluck.

New Business: 

Since the Fire Station is still closed due to COVID-19 and the weather has turned, Karen brought up the discussion of having the regular Board meetings for November and December 2021 at the Key Civic Center Whittmore room.  The cost is $30 a month for an hour. 

Discussion from the community members was to always have a ZOOM option.  Some Board members want an in-person option.  We are unsure if the Key Civic Center has Wifi.  Barb will bring her laptop to the regular November Board meeting to see if the Zoom option will work.  There is also concern with the Zoom participants being able to hear without an external microphone.  The Board will review options for appropriate equipment.

Motion was made by Anna Hernandez-French and seconded by David Tyler to rent the Whittmore Room at Key Civic Center for the regular November and December Board meetings.  All approved.  MMSP.

Ed asked about the status of water shut offs due to non-payment.  Anna and Dawn will look into the new regulations to start the water shut off process for those that have not paid.

Garrett brought up the need to hire installation/maintenance tasks.  This was discussed in previous meetings and in the budget process.

Christine brought up the increase in neighborhood members catching people coming onto their property at odd hours.  It was brought up to call 911.  The Sheriff department cannot respond/take action if they are not called.  Karen also brought up being safe and not confronting cars or people that appear to be impaired for safety.

Motion was made by Anna Hernandez-French and seconded by Christine Anderson to adjourn the meeting. All approved. MMSP

Meeting Adjourned 6:49 pm