3/8/21 Meeting Minutes

LAKE OF THE WOOD COMMUNITY CLUB

Meeting Minutes

March 8, 2021

Call to Order: by Karen Gore at 6:00 pm

Present
Karen Gore – PresidentAnna Hernandez- French – TreasurerDave Tyler- 1st Vice PresidentEd Nielsen- 2nd Vice PresidentGarrett Lebby
Barbara DommertBreckler- SecretaryChristine AndersonTinker JolliffRegina BraleyJaimie Ehrler
Steve Shobe    
     
Absent
Jared ChristensenTanya Michaels   

Community Members Attended:  Dawn Richey, Richard Day, Amanda Bash, Eric/Amy Hobbs, Pam Ragan, Fayetta, William P.

Review of prior meeting minutes:  February 8, 2021

It was moved by AHF and seconded by JE to approve the February 8, 2021 meeting minutes as written.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Checks/AP register:

It was moved by CA and seconded by BDB to approve the checks and AP registers for February 2021.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Reports: 

President: No report

1st VP:  Wells are running fine.  Finished packing bags of saw dust to use as insulation in the water boxes.

2nd VP:  Lake is closed until March.  The blueberries and trees were trimmed in the pea patch.  The flatbed trailer was finished.  Changed the hydraulic fluid in the tractor.  Cleaned up well #2’s electrical.

Secretary:  No report. 

Treasurer:  The officers can go up to Columbia Bank to finish the signature process.  When Stephanie from HOA solutions returns from PTO, Dawn and Ann will have a Zoom meeting with her to complete the code simplification.

Compliance Committee:  Four lot cases closed (128, 328, 67 and 23).  Two lots are recommended by the committee for fining:  Lot 204 for building material debris and Lot 105 for 3 inoperable/not tagged vehicles.  One lot asked for and received an extension from the committee.  Committee to check with Stephanie at HOA Solutions about the fine amount for lot 246.  This lot has 5 inoperable vehicles and 1 boat.

It was moved by BDB and seconded by AHF that the board move forward with fining lot 204 for building debris and lot 105 for 2 inoperable/untagged vehicles.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Special Events:  The Easter Egg hunt will be on April 3rd.  Tinker needs someone to take over this event.  Garret volunteered to take over with Ed, Anna, Christine, Karen and Barbara helping.  Barbara asked Anna to contact her regarding an option to have a different kind of event that was virtual or allowed for more distancing.

Old Business: 

Drop Box.  Anna checked the coming regulations for HOA records which appears to address record storage.  The cost is either $15 per month or $12.50 per month with annual payment ($150). 

Everyone agreed that this would be a good idea.

It was moved by BDB and seconded by CA that purchase a Drop Box account for LOTW for the annual rate of $150.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

Columbia Back CD is maturing 3/12/21 with total funds of $27,368.92.  The decision on what to do with the funds needs to be completed with the funds.  Anna was started to research the rates and other places to move the CD.  There is not an allied bank with HOA Solutions that can take the funds.  Moving the funds to HOA solutions would move our total amount in accounts over the FICA limit.  Discussion also included the lack of customer service from Columbia Bank.  The group discussed options.  Anna is going to continue to review new credit union options for this CDs funds to be deposited in.  The US Bank CD is maturing in September with a total amount of approximately $73, 310.06.  The group decided to see what happens with the Columbia Bank CD funds before making decisions on the second maturing CD.  Our Treasurer, Anna, will bring a report on credit unions and their CD rates to the next meeting (April).  Anna will also be responsible for holding the cashier check.

It was moved by DT and seconded by AFH to move the CD money out of Columbia Bank by having the bank make out a cashier’s check to Lake of the Woods Community Club for the total amount of $27,368.92 and during the April meeting the Board will vote on where to deposit these funds.  Approved by all present.  MMSP

New Business: 

Fishing Derby date needs to be determined to allow for permitting and fish drop a couple of weeks prior to the event.  It was decided that May 15th will be the community fishing derby. 

Dawn is working with HOA to get the 2020 books closed.  This will not occur until HOA Solutions closes February 2021.  After 2020 is closed, the board will need to discuss the moving of funds not spent from the 2020 operating budget to the reserve funds.  In January the board discussed moving excess funds from operating accounts to keep the deposits under the FICA insured level.  Once 2020 books are closed this mater can be discussed and decided upon.

Meeting Adjourned by Karen at 6:57 pm